Regional Business Partner funding has once again become available to help support business recovery from the ongoing effects of the latest Covid-19 outbreak. The details of this latest round of funding are listed below, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Tourism businesses may qualify for funding to help pay for advisory services to support them recover and re-set from Covid-19. The Tourism Communities Support , Recover & Re-Set Plan – Business Advisory Support can provide support in areas such as HR, health and wellbeing, business continuity, cash flow and finance management, management capability development, marketing and digital enablement strategy and hibernation and exit advice. Funding is only available through the Regional Business Partner Network (RBP) Growth Advisors. Businesses may be eligible to receive funding to implement the advice received and will need to contact the Lead Entity for the district. Funding is only available through the Regional Business Partner Network (RBP) Growth Advisors.
When can it be accessed?
- From Monday 6th September 2021.
Are you eligible to apply for funding?
Your business must:
- Be a GST registered business, or GST registered prior to COVID-19 (2019/20 financial year);
- Have a New Zealand Business Number. If you do not have a New Zealand Business Number, you can register to get one on the NZBN website;
- Be operating in a commercial environment;
- Be a privately‐owned business or Māori Trust or incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Māori assets under multiple ownership;
- Be a tourism business, which is defined as a business where at least 50% of its operational output is purchased by tourists (domestic or international), for example: Accommodation, Arts and Recreational Services, Food Services, Transport Services or Retail Trade. This can include service businesses whose output is purchased by tourism businesses;
- Be physically based within at least one of the five districts: Queenstown Lakes District, Southland District, Kaikōura District, Mackenzie District, or Westland District (one grant per business operation). Further details of eligibility criteria, and information on how to apply can be found here for Queenstown/Wanaka, here for Kaikoura and Mackenzie districts, here for West Coast
Charitable Trusts, Incorporated Societies, Non-business entities, and Local and Central Governments are ineligible.
What do you need to do to apply for business advice support?
Step 1: Register
- If you are already registered with RBP – contact your growth advisor. If you are not registered with RBP – register here. For more information or to find your local Growth Advisor go to Find your local Regional Business Partner | Regional Business Partner Network (regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz)
Step 2: Discussion with RBP on what you need to support your response to COVID-19
- RBP will call and discuss your needs. If you would like some assistance with finance, business planning, legal, HR or business systems support then feel free to mention you would like to work with Sidekick.
In addition, the Government is making wider support available through the Tourism Kick-Start Fund ($49 million) to help tourism businesses in the five South Island districts prepare for the return of international visitors. We expect to have more details about this fund once we are closer to reconnecting borders.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.