Below is an outline of all financial support available. Make sure to have a read through.
- The Wage Subsidy Scheme (WSS). This payment will be available nationally to help eligible businesses continue paying staff and protecting jobs. To reflect increased wage costs, the payments have been increased to $600 for full-time employees and to $359 for part-time employees. The Wage Subsidy August 2021 payments support employers to continue to pay employees and protect jobs for businesses affected by Alert Levels 3 and 4. There are two COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021 payments. The previous two-week COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021, which opened on 20 August 2021, has closed. Applications for the second COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021, known as Wage Subsidy August 2021 #2, are open for two weeks between 9am 3 September 2021 and 11.59pm Thursday 16 September 2021. For more information on the WSS, click here
- The Resurgence Support Payment (RSP). This payment is available to any business or organisation in New Zealand that experiences at least a 30% drop in revenue or a 30% decline in capital-raising ability over a 7-day period, due to a COVID-19 alert level increase of level 2 or higher. This is open to applications from 8am on Tuesday 24 August 2021 and will be available until one month after a nationwide return to Alert Level 1. For more information on the RSP, click here
- The Leave Support Scheme (LSS). This payment provides a two-week lump sum payment of either $600 per week for full-time workers or $359 per week for part-time workers who must self-isolate and cannot work from home. For more information on the LSS, click here
- The Short-Term Absence Payment (STAP). This payment provides a one-off (once per 30 days) payment of $359 for workers who must miss work due to a COVID-19 test and cannot work from home. For more information on the STAP, click here
- The Small Business Cashflow Scheme (SBCS). This scheme supports small to medium businesses and organisations struggling with a loss of actual revenue due to COVID-19. Applications are open until 31 December 2023. For more information on the SBCS, click here
- All the above bullet points are sourced from the IRD and Work and Income New Zealand, for more information visit their websites.